BODACIOUS 35% DARK CHOCOLATE
Mocha Cup Cakes
INGREDIENTS (FOR CAKE)
1 cup (45g) Bodacious 35% Dark Chocolate powder
3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
INGREDIENTS (FOR BUTTERCREAM)
250g softened butter
500g sifted icing sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp Pure Cafe Coffee (freshly extracted - then leave to cool)
1½ tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 177°C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 2 liners – this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, Bodacious chocolate mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be thin.
3. Pour or spoon the batter into the liners. Fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides or sinking. Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
4. While the cup cakes are cooling, make the buttercream. Extract the the coffee and set aside to cool.
5. Cut the butter into cubes and then beat on a low-medium speed until soft. Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until fully combined.
6. Add the vanilla extract and add the coffee a teaspoon at a time, beating in each addition before adding more. The buttercream should be soft and perfect for piping at this point. If it’s still a little stiff then beat in a little milk.
7. Frost cooled cupcakes however you’d like. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Containing 35% of the highest quality West African cocoa, this chocolate blend also includes premium Australian ingredients. Bringing you pure delight, enjoy our rich, smooth and creamy drinking chocolate anytime.